What is personal information?
“Personal information” is any information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, IP addresses, login information (account number or password), social media account information or payment card number.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information that we may collect depends on the business context and the purposes for which it was collected. It may include:
- Contact, subscription, registration, online identifiers, social media and discussion forum or communications details
- Communications (e.g., audio, video, text) content
- Online behavior and product usage information
- Billing information
- Information about an individual’s business, work experience, skills and interests
- Information about the users of our products and services, including participants in our online screenings for career programs and the outcomes of those screenings
- Information we received from trusted third-party sources, including our clients and schools with whom we work
If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
In some instances, we may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons and other similar applications. Please see the cookies section below for more information.
How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business, delivering, improving and customizing our websites and products, sending notices, marketing and other communications and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law, including the following:
- Order processing, including billing and payment
- Customer relationship management and administration
- Creating and managing user accounts
- Provisioning websites
- Analyzing, personalizing, improving accuracy and enhancing user experience, communications and interactions
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes
- Contract performance
- Managing a job application
- Administering online education, screening and certifications
- Facilitating conferences, webinars and other events
How do we share personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, analyzing, improving, securing and customizing our websites, services and products, sending marketing and other communications related to our business and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Catalyte and any of our subsidiaries.
- With our clients, business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested website, service, screening or product.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property or safety of Catalyte, our business partners, you or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
How do we secure your information?
Catalyte is committed to protecting the security and privacy of your information. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration unauthorized disclosure or access.
Please be aware, however, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
How long do we retain information?
Forums and chat rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities or chat room on a Catalyte website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e., your public profile and comments) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages or for purposes neither Catalyte nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Catalyte is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow use of our websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, we may transfer such information to the United States or other jurisdictions for processing. Your submission of such information represents your consent to that transfer.
Cookies and other web technologies
Cookies are typically assigned to one of the following categories, depending on their function and intended purpose:
- Essential cookies enable you to navigate our website and to use the service. Without these cookies, our website will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like and we may not be able to provide certain core functions and features.
- Analytics cookies collect information about the use of our website and applications, and enable us to improve the way our website or applications work. For example, analytics cookies show us the most frequently visited pages and analyze site traffic. We use them to analyze broad trends and patterns of usage on our website, rather than to monitor the usage of any particular individual.
We use third-party service providers, including Google Analytics, to analyze the use of our website. You can opt-out of the use of web analysis at any time either by downloading and installing a browser plugin offered by Google or by configuring your browser to delete and reject cookies.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. You can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer. Some browsers have “Do Not Track” features that allow you to tell websites not to track you. These features, however, are not all uniform across different websites.
Your privacy rights and choices
Upon your request, and subject to applicable legal exceptions, we will:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- Prevent the processing of your information for promotional purposes
- Update information which is out of date or incorrect
- Delete certain information which we have about you
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose some of your information
- Transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your information
Your California privacy rights
In addition to the rights and information listed above, California consumers and their authorized agents can request information about:
- The financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
Catalyte does not sell your data, as defined under applicable law, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Last Updated: February 23, 2022.
How to contact us